Happy New Year everyone!
2016 was yet another fantastic year for BrightonSoup, and now with over 50 Soups in the UK a fantastic year for the Soup movement. So what did we get up to last year..?
- We held 5 Soups; in Portslade, Moulsecoomb, Kemp Town and Central Brighton
- We were donated an incredible amount of raffle contributions from local business
- We had donations from 6 supermarkets and local food organisations (including projects that had pitched)
- 8 local chefs prepared a selection of 24 delicious soups, of which the majority were gluten free, and vegan And Papa Johns donated more large tasty pizzas as well as all the mountains of pot luck yummy food that people brought along too
- 4 talented and diverse musicians entertained us with some of their original music and some cool covers, and to make it a bit different we even had a guest speaker!
- We had 20 people pitch their projects and ultimately 8 winners (as at one Soups the winner shared their pot!) who received £3,281.80 from the tickets paid by the 473 attendees, this also included the 3 extra prize donations from a local business and fans of the BrightonSoup movement
It was a great year for us and we ended it with a brilliant last soup full of so much energy, and compassion. And we’re totally looking forward to seeing SpeakOut’s documentary later this year!
We record everything that happens from our BrightonSoup events in an archive, so if you want to see what went down at any previous events you missed, or you’ve been thinking about contacting one of the previous pitchers you connected with to offer your support in some way, then check it out here.
So now onto 2017, and there’s a lot to look forward to. But we like to keep you on your toes, so all will be revealed in due course.. For now though we can wet your soup appetite, so save the date as our next soup is going to be at St Georges Church in Hangleton on 24th February.
We wish everyone a successful 2017, and look forward to continuously supporting each other and our fantastic community, lets make changes!