BrightonSoup Social Media & Marketing Volunteer
BrightonSoup are looking for a creative volunteer who loves social media, cares about our local community and is passionate about doing good.
We need someone to take over our Social Media & Marketing, to make the most out of our online presence, and help us to make good online content to push out to our followers, ensuring more people are aware of what we do; whether it’s to advertise events so people can support the charities there, or advise how they could gain support, volunteers, and funding by pitching at one of our events. We want to communicate directly with the people and organisations we work with and support, raise awareness and cultivate relationships with our existing and potential supporters.
We’re looking for someone who wants to join a team of like minded people, contribute to our valuable work, someone who’s friendly, positive and proactive, and will bring in some more creative fun to our organisation! We’re all volunteers at BrightonSoup, and we all support each other in what we do; there will be opportunities to get involved with other aspects of the charity, whatever interests you! We believe that all that volunteers should get the opportunity to be involved with different tasks.
- The role covers a range of Social Media duties, from running and developing social media channels to using online software to manage and monitor daily content
- Schedule and manage social media activity across channels including: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, which enlighten audiences and promotes awareness
- Generate, edit, publish and share regular content using plain text, images created in Canva, WordPress etc
- Generating and sharing content regularly that builds meaningful connections, raises awareness of local charities, community events etc
- Daily monitoring of social media channels, responding to social queries and engaging in conversation, as required
- Regular monitoring of followed charities and projects previously pitched to engage and share updates and feeds
- Regular monitoring of all UK Soups, update calendar with events, share appropriate posts
- Advertise events on listing sites and facebook groups/pages
- Attend Soup events and document facebook, Instagram and twitter to capture what happens live
- Attend Soup events to assist with setup and close down of events
- Maintain Soup calendars with meetings, events, social media scheduling
- Write/manage regular blog posts to engage and inform followers using WordPress and Mailchimp
- Attend and contribute your ideas at TeamSoup meetings
- Understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Create, manage and schedule blog posts using WordPress and MailChimp
- Use of Buffer to schedule posts to facebook, Instagram and twitter
- Confidence, enthusiasm and the willingness to respond proactively to new opportunities and challenges
- Able to work under your own initiative
- Respect for the diversity of our colleagues and partnerships
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly, reliable, approachable and a confident team player
- An understanding on how best to interact with an audience in the various social spaces
- Excellent organisational skills
- Creative and not shy in bringing ideas to the table
As this is a volunteer role solely on computer it will be a work at home position but you will have a close working relationship with the rest of TeamSoup. We’re all lovely!
If you have any questions regarding this volunteer role or if you would like to apply for the position please use the contact form below to send us a query or details of your background, why you want to volunteer for BrightonSoup and what you will bring to the table.